In biomedical research, overcoming biases in observation and interpretation is crucial. The mere presence of researchers can influence results and increase stress in animals. To tackle this, Aivero has created a video-capturing system that enables researchers to remotely record, store, and stream data for non-intrusive studies.
This innovation paves the way for our goal to simplify data sharing and collaboration among researchers while allowing them to select their preferred tools for analysis.
A Confluence of Vision and Technology
Aivero is much more than a basic platform. It has been developed from the ground up to ensure reliable and wide camera support, scalable usage, and well-suited data pipelines for artificial intelligence applications. Let’s take a closer look at what Aivero can do:
- 24/7 Monitoring in 2D and 3D: Round-the-clock monitoring inside home cages used for behavioural studies and husbandry. Allowing researchers and animal caretakers to monitor remotely is less invasive and reduces animal stress.
- Fleet management for cameras and edge devices: A non-stop solution making it as easy to manage 50 cameras as 500. Aivero is, of course, camera agnostic.
- Data management and editing: Browser-based tools for previewing and managing cameras, scheduling recordings, and managing visual data.
- Biomarker Development: A platform ready to produce and build large ground truth datasets for any preferred analytical tool. For this, Aivero is building a community where researchers can share and collaborate on biomarkers.
- Supporting air-gapped and cloud deployments: Based on security measures, we offer three deployment options: offline (air-gapped), on-premise or in the cloud.
The Foundation: R&D Collaborations
Aivero’s platform is primarily attributed to work in a multi-year “Innovation Contract” funded by Innovation Norway, with the participation of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This process has been pivotal in shaping Aivero, reflecting our commitment to advancing technology in compliance with the stringent standards required for software development in biomedical research.
With this in place, we are on the path to building a user-friendly tool to bring data science to researchers and to alleviate the pain of data management, camera support and access to data science talent.
From Our CEO: “Our vision at Aivero is to bridge the gap between advanced AI technology and the pressing needs of biomedical research. This launch isn’t just a milestone for us; it’s a step towards a future where research is more efficient, ethical, and impactful.”
From Our CTO: “The technical prowess of Aivero lies not only in our deep knowledge about gathering video data, but to help our customers transform it into meaningful insights. This capability is a game-changer in biomedical research, where every second and every bit of data counts.